Cost-competitive renewable generation sources, rapidly advancing smart grid and storage technologies, shifting consumer expectations, and a global commitment to clean growth are transforming the way we produce and use energy.
CanWEA 2017’s opening plenary session brings together independent experts and wind industry leaders to share their vision for the electricity grid of the future, explore the technological and market innovations that will make it a reality, and discuss the pivotal role wind energy will play in the transition.
Cory Basil, CanWEA Board Chair, EDF EN Canada
Robert Hornung, President, CanWEA
The Electricity Grid of the Future
Alex Morgan, Wind Energy Analyst, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Dave Sawyer, Environmental Economist, EnviroEconomics
CEO Panel Discussion
Moderator: Robert Hornung, President, CanWEA
- Sophie Brochu, CEO, Gaz Métro
- Brian Evans, CDO, Renewable Energy Systems Americas Inc
- David Hickey, CEO, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Lance Marram, CEO, Senvion North America – Senvion USA
- László Varsányi, Vice President, New Ventures Power, Enbridge
The Evolution of Wind Farm Operations and Maintenance Over the Next Decade
Larry Barr, Executive Vice President of Operations and Maintenance, EDF-RS