The rapid influx of low-cost, zero-carbon renewable energy generation is disrupting a century-old model for providing electricity and driving the transition to a more flexible, modern and responsive grid. Traditional commodity-based power markets are not designed to deal with these changes, leading jurisdictions in Canada and across North American to rethink how they buy, sell and value electricity.
This plenary session will examine the electricity market reforms required to achieve high penetrations of renewable energy that will position Canada to meet its economic and environmental objectives without compromising affordability or system reliability.
Jason Chee-Aloy, Managing Director, Power Advisory LLC
Moderator: Bonnie Hiltz, Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs Director, ENGIE Canada
- Jason Chee-Aloy, Managing Director, Power Advisory LLC
- Rob Gramlich, Founder, Grid Strategies LLC
- Leonard Olien, Associate, Solas Energy Consulting
- Kathleen Spees, Principal, Brattle Group
- Robert Stoddard, President & CEO, GWave LLC