Even in a time of low demand growth, significant opportunities for the development of new wind energy in Canada are emerging as policymakers and consumers look to cut carbon pollution and spur clean growth.
Panellists will look beyond utility procurement and government mandates to discuss the demand drivers that will open up new markets for Canada’s wind sector, including the rise of electric vehicles, the electrification of buildings and industry, the increasing interest in wind energy exports to the United States, and the upsurge in corporate renewable energy purchases.
- Robert Hornung, President, CanWEA
- Rochelle Pancoast, Managing Director, Gas & Renewables, TransAlta Corporation
- France Lampron, Director – Transportation Electrification, Hydro-Quebec
- William Hazelip, Vice President, Business Development, National Grid USA
- Edward Krapels, Chief Executive Officer, Anbaric
- Michael Weidemann, Executive Vice President, ENERCON Canada Inc.
- Sean Drygas, Vice President – Finance, Bullfrog Power