THANK YOU for participating in the 2017 CanWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition as a speaker!
This page is your best resource for dates & information you will need as a speaker in our program. Here you will find CanWEA Conference Presentation Tips for your presentation and links to guidance for giving an engaging presentation.
Questions? Contact Sharon Fryer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (800) 234-8716 x239.
CanWEA Conference Speaker Information
Below is a printable “Speaker Information Packet” that includes details about the conference. This packet is designed to assist you in preparing for the conference and provides helpful information that can make the experience more rewarding for the attendees and for you as an expert speaker presenting at this event.
Speaker Information Packet – Includes a Conference overview, information on CanWEA 2017 and your target audience, a Speaker Checklist with due dates and Hotel information.
Deadlines and Dates to Remember
- July 14: Confirm participation and submit speaker agreement form
- July 31: Submit your bio and photo (for marketing purposes)
- September 8: Hotel reservation cut-off
- September 11-22: Participate in session conference call (date tbc)
- September 27: Submit your presentation PowerPoint
- September 29: Register for the conference at speaker rate
CanWEA Conference Presentation Tips
Tips for creating a presentation that the whole room can follow along and enjoy.
- Please set ratio to 4:3 (design tab, page set up)
- Minimum font size to use in your presentation = 28 Point.
- Utilize video when appropriate! Video is engaging and breaks the monotony.
- Have an image of some type on at least 90 percent of your slides. Minimize text (i.e., don’t put too much text on individual slides). If attendees have to fight between reading the slide or listening to you, some information will be lost.
- Rule of Thumb: Bullets should have a maximum of 8 words each. Minimize clutter. Avoid including too much information on one slide.
- Colors are often paled by a projector and large screen, so use more vibrant colors than you normally would.
- If inserting graphs/charts please make sure all text is readable, if not, please do not use.
Use the following links to find tips for creating and giving an engaging presentation: