Why CanWEA 2019? A Strong Industry Outlook
The CanWEA Annual Conference & Exhibition is the biggest and best show of its kind. Uniquely focused on Canada’s wind energy market, the event provides a venue for more than 1,200 industry leaders and decision-makers from around the world to make connections, discuss the latest developments and identify opportunities for future growth.
The 35th CanWEA Annual Conference & Exhibition takes place in Calgary October 8-10, 2019.
CanWEA is looking forward to 2019 as a year for new developments in the industry. We also expect an increase in international attendance at this year’s event. The 35th annual conference is expected to feature more than 130 exhibiting companies, providing them with an exclusive opportunity to network and generate new business leads.
As the demand for wind energy increases, so does the number of new business possibilities that are arising in a range of industry sectors:
- Existing provincial energy strategies are targeting the installation of as much as 7,000 MW of new wind energy capacity by 2030 with 600 MW already underway. Additional energy strategy/policy announcements are expected this year.
- Quebec and Atlantic regions are well positioned for export opportunities. States in the U.S. northeast facing strict carbon emission caps and the retirement of aging generating facilities are increasingly seeing clean power imports from Canada as a reliable and cost-effective solution.
- Wind farm Operations & Maintenance market revenue opportunity is estimated to be $450 million by 2020.
- As Canada’s wind energy fleet matures, new opportunities are emerging for independent service providers.
- Mining sector and remote communities are increasingly turning to wind energy to offset diesel energy use.
- Canada continues to explore new markets for clean wind energy in sectors such as transportation and heating, and to pursue opportunities for exporting wind to the United States.
Receive insights from industry and policy leaders you won’t get anywhere else
Wind energy has been the #1 new source of electricity in Canada for over a decade, and today Canada is the world’s 9th largest producer of wind energy by installed capacity. The most influential industry leaders will be onsite at CANWEA to share insights into Canadian best practices, industry innovations, policy changes and shifting market dynamics defining the current and future state of the nation's energy markets.
Connect with the right people and companies to grow your business
The Annual Canadian Wind Energy Conference & Exhibition is the meeting point for all members of the wind energy industry – top business executives, technical experts, decision and policy makers, and government representatives. With more than 1,200 attendees, you will have access to the biggest stakeholders in Canada’s energy markets. Take advantage of this unparalleled opportunity to build new relationships, strengthen existing connections, and foster business partnerships.
Survey says! CanWEA’s Annual Conference and Exhibition is the place to make connections.
Meet industry-leading suppliers of products and services
Our exhibition hall brings together the entire wind energy supply chain and is designed to encourage business development. From wind project developers to product and service suppliers, our exhibition hall is the place to generate business leads.
We welcome wind energy experts and related industry professionals from a wide range of sectors
- Asset Managers
- Supply Chain
- Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- Cutting-Edge Software Technology
- Community Planning