Science-based responsible environmental management is at the core of every wind energy project. Using practical Canadian examples, this session will focus on the multitude of environmental considerations throughout the lifecycle of many successful wind projects. An expert panel will share environmental successes, opportunities for growth and lessons learned. Topics include procurement, permitting challenges, bat mitigation and much more.
Short presentations followed by a Panel Discussion
Moderator: Alyssa Edwards, EDF Renewables
- Environmental Management Begins with Procurement: Shannon Major, AECOM
- Environmental Permitting: Avoiding the Pitfalls when Moving from Development to Construction – Rob Nadolny, Stantec
- A Case Study of Environmental Deficiencies during Construction of a Southern Alberta Wind Facility and Subsequent Mitigation: Lessons Learned – Mike Peckford, Hemmera Envirochem Inc.
- Wind Energy Effects on Bat Populations and Latest Management Tools – Todd Mattson, WEST Inc.
- Validation of Bat Deterrence Effectiveness Through Full Scale Testing on Several Wind Plants – August Gruner, NRG Systems