The Future of the Electricity Grid
This year’s opening plenary will set the stage and focus on the big picture of Canada’s growing wind energy industry; from where the industry has come, where it is going and how today’s leaders plan to get there. This session will include insightful highlights from innovative companies about how their world is changing and what that means for wind energy. With technological advances, changing political climates, revolutionary business models, evolving market designs and an increasing demand from customers of all types for renewable, clean and flexible energy options, Canada’s renewable energy sector is poised for growth and opportunity.
This rapid change also has implications for the industry associations that serve the sector. You can expect to hear more about what is driving wind energy, solar energy, and energy storage companies toward more collaboration oncomprehensive solutions for customers, and the advantages of advocating as a strong unified voice for the creation of future market opportunities amidst all this disruption. Canada’s electricity system will need significantly increased amounts of wind and solar energy and energy storage in a more flexible electricity grid if it is to be affordable, reliable, and climate-friendly. Don’t miss this truly visionary opening session that is sure to lay the ground work for the quickly-evolving future for renewables!
- Rochelle Pancoast, Canadian Wind Energy Association Board Chair & GM, Utilities BD & Support, City of Medicine Hat
- Robert Hornung, President at Canadian Wind Energy Association
Interviewer: Michelle Chislett, Managing Director, Canada & US Development, Northland Power Inc.
- Will Nelson, Power Analyst, Bloomberg LP
- Kathleen Spees, Principal – The Brattle Group
Panel Discussion: Trends That Will Enable Wind Energy to Play a Growing Role in the Grid of the Future
- Maryssa Barron, Manager, Developer Relations, LevelTen Energy
- Philippe Brodeur, Team Lead – Turbine Assessment Group, DNV GL
- Christine Grey, Director of Storage & Hybrid Systems – the Americas at Siemens Gamesa
- Rob Gramlich, Grid Strategies LLC
- Travis Lusney, Manager, Procurement and Power Systems – Power Advisory LLC
Sponsored by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited: