With the recent election of the UCP government in Alberta this spring, the context around wind energy development is changing. Though the province has a long history of wind energy development and there has been a significant drop in the cost of wind energy, there is still much work to be done to continue to attract new investment in clean tech and in wind energy, while keeping costs affordable. Will merchant-based projects become the new normal? What other revenue streams does the industry need to ensure wind energy thrives? This in-depth plenary session will navigate the potential opportunities and challenges for Alberta. This is sure to be highly-topical session of politically saavy industry leaders.
Opening Remarks: Evan Wilson, Regional Director , Prairies at Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Grant Arnold, President & Chief Executive Officer, BluEarth Renewables Inc.
- Barbara Clemenhagen, Vice President Market Intelligence, Customized Energy Solutions
- Dan Cunningham, Business Development Officer, Greengate Power Corporation
- Daniel Lai, Manager, Regulatory & Institutional Affairs
- Ata Rehman, Director, Operations Planning and Engineering, Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO)
- Robert Wydareny, Director, Business Development Canada – Capital Power Corporation
Sponsored by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited: