Canada: A Global Wind Energy Leader
As Canada embraces electrification and decarbonization, many opportunities are emerging across the country, including 900 MW of new procurement opportunities in 2018:
- Canada’s electricity grid is already more than 80 per cent emissions-free – the cleanest in the G7. By further capitalizing on our wind, hydro and solar resources, we can aim to a reliable, near-zero emissions grid by 2050.
- Alberta is attracting billions of dollars in new investment in renewable energy. Its competitive electricity-supply auction made wind energy the lowest-cost option for new electricity in Canada. Now the province has announced plans for an additional 700 MW under a second and third round of procurement.
- Saskatchewan’s renewable energy strategy calls for renewable sources – including wind energy – to make up 50 per cent of the province’s generating capacity within 15 years. SaskPower has issued a request for proposal for up to 200 MW of wind energy.
- Ontario continues to lead Canada in installed wind energy capacity. It added 119 MW of new wind in 2017, bringing the province’s total installed capacity to 4,900 MW. Ontario’s updated Long-term Energy Plan, released in October 2017, shows a growing need for new and affordable emissions-free electricity beginning in the early 2020s.
- The Quebec and Atlantic regions are well positioned for export opportunities. Many States in the U.S. northeast have very ambitious renewable energy goals and face the retirement of aging generating facilities. Clean power imports from Canada are increasingly seen as a reliable and cost-effective solution. A wind-hydro bundled product represents a significant economic opportunity for exports to the U.S. In many markets, the combined bundle qualifies for lucrative renewable energy credits that are not available to hydro alone.
Why Exhibit at CanWEA?
The CanWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition provides the perfect venue for the world’s foremost wind energy leaders and decision makers to make connections, discuss the latest industry developments and identify opportunities for future growth.
- Connect to the future of innovation in Canada’s wind energy industry.
- Earn recognition as a wind energy expert while expanding your network and generating leads
- Discover the latest technologies and approaches
agree the event offers valuable networking opportunities
of attendees attend to meet specific companies or see specific products/services
are first-time attendees
attend for the latest industry news and to keep up-to-date on industry trends/issues
rated CanWEA 2016 as good or excellent
Looking for additional ways to standout? We can help!
We are happy to work with you to develop a tailor-made plan to ensure your brand stands out and maximizes participation at our show. Some of the many ways we can help, include:
- Help schedule press conferences and coordinate media coverage for product/service launches and other exciting developments at the show.
- Enhance promotion of innovative new products/services and stories through featured interviews in our blog and in email marketing.
- Advertise on digital platforms including our event website and eNewsletters.
- Stand out in front of your target audience with pre-event, onsite and post show sponsorship opportunities
Contact our representatives for exhibit & sponsorship opportunities:
+1 (343) 700-3586
Sales Director – International
+49 511 89-34116